Miracle Welding is an experienced provider of high-quality welding services for industrial and commercial applications. Our product specialties range from angles and pipes to heavy-duty industrial components and structures. We offer a wide range of welding capabilities, including MIG welding, that allows us to deliver quality welded solutions to our customers. In particular, we use the technique for projects that call for structural metals or long and thick parts, such as those found in the aerospace, construction, and transportation industries.
WHAT IS MIG WELDING?
Metal inert gas (MIG) welding—also referred to as gas metal arc welding (GMAW)—is a form of arc welding. This qualification means that it employs an electrical arc to heat and melt metal filler, joining two workpieces together as the filler cools and solidifies. In MIG welding operations, an arc forms between the consumable electrode wire and the metal workpiece. The wire feeds continuously into the arc, resulting in it melting and serving as the filler material for the operation. The “inert gas” portion of the process’s name describes the use of a shielding gas to protect the weld pool from contamination.
MIG VS. TIG WELDING
In contrast to MIG welding, TIG welding uses a non-consumable electrode to generate the electrical arc and a filler metal that is carefully positioned within the arc. These factors make TIG more technically demanding than MIG, as the electrode and filler metal must be guided by the welding operator. Beyond these distinctions, both processes also offer manufacturing advantages.
BENEFITS OF MIG WELDING
There are a number of benefits to choosing MIG welding over TIG welding or similar joining methods, such as:
- Versatility. MIG can be performed on a wide range of metals, including long, thick, or dissimilar metals, making it useful for a variety of industrial projects.
- Faster production times. As MIG welding operations feed the filler wire into the arc continuously, welds for large or long parts are accomplished much faster. This quality translates to faster weld times for even high-volume production runs.
- High quality weld finishes. MIG welding is advantageous in applications where welds will be visible in the final product.
BENEFITS OF TIG WELDING
TIG welding also carries its own benefits. Depending on the project, it offers:
- Greater precision and control. This process quality makes TIG welding suitable for joining smaller and thinner pieces together.
- Compatibility with various metals. Similar to MIG welding, TIG welding is also compatible with a variety of materials.
- Lower risk of thermal distortion. Compared to MIG welding operations, TIG welding operations have a lower risk of distorting the metal workpiece.
MIG SERVICES AT MIRACLE WELDING
At Miracle Welding, we offer high-quality, semi-automated and freehand MIG welding services for industrial and commercial projects. Below, we outline some of our capabilities:
We handle and process metals ranging from .012 to 3 inches in thickness and up to 20,000 pounds in weight. Some of the materials we frequently use in structural applications include:
- Cast iron
- Stainless steel
INDUSTRIES AND APPLICATIONS SERVED
We cater to the welding needs of customers in both the industrial and commercial sectors. Typical products we create include structural components, such as beams, heavy machinery, mezzanines, railings and gates, stairs, and weldments. These welded solutions find application in a wide range of industries, including:
- Machine building
- Original equipment manufacturing (OEM)
Miracle Welding is certified to meet all national standards for welding, along with industry standards such as American Welding Society (A.W.S.) D1.1 and A.W.S. D14.1.
PARTNER WITH MIRACLE WELDING FOR HIGH-QUALITY WELDING SERVICE
Miracle Welding has over four decades of experience manufacturing and welding large and complex parts for the industrial and commercial sectors. Combining our welding expertise with additional fabrication methods—such as machining, drilling, saw and plasma cutting, and assembly—we create high-quality solutions that meet our customers’ welded product needs. For customers who need help with a part design, our experts also provide engineering and modeling assistance. If you seek an experienced welding partner, your prayers are answered with Miracle Welding. Contact our team today to learn more about our welding capabilities. To discuss your next welding project specifications with one of our experts, request a quote.